Our best “experience-first” conference venues for 2023 as a new energy and excitement emerges around eventing in 2023.
After two years of lockdowns, Zoom life and virtual events, there is a need to create memorable experiences. That means open season for event planners who need to focus on creating extraordinary experiences for attendees. It’s also an opportunity for corporates to re-energise the workforce, show appreciation, display innovation and take events to the next level.
The “experience-first” concept is the leading the way, and means that whether an event is virtual or in-person – the experience has to be memorable for each and every attendee. There’s a new intentionality and creativity when it comes to events, and we’re happy to assist with our expertise on every level.
As our name says, we are the experts in creating Extraordinary experiences. Our teams love nothing more than a creative challenge, our staff members are up and ready for it and our properties have always been designed around the company philosophy of delivering on transformative experiences in beautiful settings.
Tips for creating “experience-first” events
- Trend reports say In-Person meetings and events are back! People want to interact, have discussions, connect and be together;
- We also realise that some events/meetings need to be a hybrid of virtual and in-person gatherings and work around the tech so that it works for everyone;
- Tech is key from start to finish of an event or meeting, it’s also a great way to engage with attendees and get them involved, we have some great tech tools already in place to tick this box;
- Going green has always been a priority for Extraordinary properties and this follows through for our events and conferences, conscious-minded attendees love the green approach and those who aren’t already converts learn a lot along the way
- Content, Content, Content: We can help corporates to design a content strategy that is interactive and inclusive and maximise the attendee experience, and always create a moment or meeting that has moments of delight and are Extraordinary in every way.
Where, How and Why?
Here are some of our “experience-first” options designed around the needs of your company and message and intent of your event or conference.
A firm favourite in the Mother City. Four eclectic conference rooms have all the mod cons. Layouts are flexible and open to inspiration, and our teams are happy to put together fun themed menus. We are also finely tuned to meet the dietary requirements of a wide range of guests. After hours of robust debate and conversation guests can retire for a decadent cocktail in The Glass Lounge. Fun outings to nearby attractions are an option, we’d be happy to design an awesome itinerary for your teams.
Transformational experiences are about getting back to basics, and that means letting nature play a role in proceedings. The name says it all, Angel’s View is about breath-taking vistas across the Drakensberg Escarpment. It’s a place to breathe in fresh ideas, and consider new possibilities. The hotel has modern and up-to-date conferencing facilities for up to 500 guests and the large wooden deck is an added bonus for additional space and just another place to share the mesmerising view.
Creating an incredible conference or meeting at Mabula is easy. There are three fully equipped conference venues, and the experienced staff know how to lay on a truly African experience. Far from city distractions, a bushveld venue offers the perfect opportunity for delegates to unwind, feel a bit free and allow ideas and inspiration to flow. We also know that a bit of indulgence can go a long way, and companies can choose from a delicious array of themed tea and coffee breaks: Wild Chocolate (a chocolate-coated fiesta), Mabula Ice Age (a range of ice creams with a choice fantastic toppings).
Just a few hours from Johannesburg, delegates will arrive in this incredible venue surrounded by the legandary Waterberg mountains. The tented suites offer a wonderful change in perception. Far from city life, this part of the world gives permission for authentic thought, the unpacking of outlandish ideas and the changes to imbibe some exceptional activities – guided safari walks, eco-trails, quad bike safaris, hot air balloon safaris and spa facilities after a hard day of negotiations around the boardroom table. The Waterberg is a place of stories, so join our team and write a few new chapters in this wildly rugged setting.
Let us help you to plan an event or meeting that pushes the event out and redefines the very concept of experience-first meetings and events. Let’s make your event Extraordinary.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organise your next experience-first event.